Convert AVI for importing to Davinci Resolve
Outline: How to convert AVI for importing to Davinci Resolve? You can find easy way from here.
Many folks are facing the AVI importing issues with DaVinci Resolve, such as trying to add gameplay that was encoded into a .avi format, but it can’t be seen by DaVinci Resolve.
It's actually a very simple reason: AVI is obsolete and unsupported by most programs developed in the past five to ten years. In the professional realm (which Resolve sits in) it has been largely supplanted by MOV, and in some cases MXF files. It's also possible that your AVI file contains H.264, which is not supported in the vast majority of tools that can manipulate AVI files. To figure out what's in your file, use MediaInfo to extract a report.
Generally DaVinci Resolve can recognize a few file formats like QuickTime, DNxHD, ProRes, MXF files from cams. On this occasion, you need to transcode AVI to DaVinci Resolve preferred DNxHD or ProRes files and then transfer the converted AVI files to DaVinci Resolve for editing.
Now you need to find a suitable video converter to transcode AVI to DaVinci Resolve, you can try iFastime Video Converter Ultimate for Mac, a professional video converter, which can transcode AVI to DaVinci Resolve successfully. Besides AVI, it can convert other common/HD/4k videos, like MKV, MTS, WMV, etc. to DaVinci Resolve compatible DNxHD format with high output video quality. and with it, you can also transcode H.264, H.265 to common video formats, like MP4, MKV, MOV, etc. Then you can add gameplay into various devices(e.g. Davinci Resolve) without trouble. You can read review to learn more.
Note: If you are windows version, please get iFastime Video Converter Ultimate.
Free Download or Purchase iFastime Video Converter Ultimate for Mac:
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/iFastime-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-76449859.html
- Top 4 Download: http://www.top4download.com/ifastime-video-converter-ultimate/chjkfujg.html
- Free Downloads Center:http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Multimedia_and_Graphics/Misc__Sound_Tools/iFastime_Video_Converter_Ultimate.html
- Softonic Download: http://ifastime-video-converter-ultimate.en.softonic.com/
- WinSite Download: http://www.winsite.com/Multimedia/Video/iFastime-Video-Converter-Ultimate/
How to Convert AVI for importing to Davinci Resolve?
Step 1. After downloading, install and run this AVI Converter for DaVinci Resolve on Mac, just copy the AVI files from your camera to your hard drive. Import the files to the software for converting.
Step 2. Hit Format bar to select output format. You can choose Avid Media Composer > Avid DNxHD(*.mov) as output format. It is an ideal editing format for Resolve. Of course, you can also click "Common Video" > "MOV - QuickTime (*.MOV)" as the target format.
Tip: Before conversion, you can click the "Settings" icon to customize the video/audio settings including the Bitrate of Video and Audio, Audio, Video Size, Sample Rate, Frame Rate, Audio Channels, etc for DaVinci Resolve.
Step 3. Finally, hit the “Start conversion” button on bottom of the main windows and the conversion from AVI to DaVinci Resolve will begin immediately.
Have more questions about how to import AVI to Davinci Resolve, please feel free to contact us>> or leave a message atFacebook.
- How to make MP4 video reable by Davinci Resolve?
- Import GoPro Hero4 4K MP4 to DaVinci Resolve 12
- Solve XAVC-S to Davinci Resolve 12 Importing Issues
- How to convert MP4 to AVI on Mac?
- How to Edit AVCHD in DaVinci Resolve?
- How to Encode Samsung NX1 H.265 footage to MOV, MP4, AVI, WMV for playing on YouTube?